Tuesday, July 12, 2005

My Phone Call from the DEA

Great phone call I had today:

(Phone rings.)

Me (picks up phone): This is Mike.

Guy on Phone: Fausto? This is headquarters.

Me: Uh... headquarters?

Guy: Is Fausto there?

Me: What department is he in?

Guy: Fausto contacted headquarters, we're getting back to him.

Me: What headquarters?

Guy: I'm with the DEA.

Me: Oh. This is Mike Maiello, I write for Forbes Magazine.

Guy (Laughing): Oh. I'm sorry, man.

Me: What number are you calling?

(Guy gives my direct number.)

Me: Right number, no Fausto.

Guy (Faux Angry): What have you done with Fausto?

Me (Faux frightened): I'm innocent, man! I mean, he started it!

Guy: Sorry to bug you, forget I called.

Me: Won't I forget all of this when you push the memory-eraser button?

Guy: Yeah... no. Server's down. Good talkin' to ya, though!

Me: Good luck finding Fausto.

(Friendly Good Byes are Exchanged).

Weird.

Oh, and, Fausto... if you're out there...

Call headquarters.

2 Comments:

At 9:42 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

seriously, that is awesome.

 
At 2:09 PM , Blogger The DVC said...

Mike "Fausto" Maiello

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home