Thursday, September 23, 2004

Prez says "Iraq > America"

Well, here's an honest statement from Bush: "...I saw a poll that said the right track/wrong track in Iraq was better than here in America. (Chuckles.) It's pretty darn strong. I mean, the people see a better future. Talk to the leader. I agree: I'm not the expert on how the Iraqi people think, because I live in America, which is nice, safe and secure. But I talk to this man."

Great. Iraq is on the right track and America... isn't? Well, America isn't. Maybe Bush sees a future where multinational corporations outsource jobs to Baghdad. Scratch the maybe. That's what he sees.

Kerry took a lot of heat for accusing Bush of building firehouses in Iraq while they close here at home. Maybe those criticisms were unfounded. Bush's father, known to us all as Bush '41, was criticized for caring more about foreign policy than domestic policy. Like father, like son, it seems, pat though the observation may be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home