Tuesday, June 13, 2006

I probably should dignify this with a response...

Saw George Soros speak last night at a party celebrating his latest book, "The Age of Fallibility." I won't say much about the book, as I'm currently writing a review, but it's a very sophisticated look at current world affairs and U.S. policy, based largely on Soros' experiences as a student of Karl Popper. I highly recommend it.

Anyway, according to Media Matters for America, right wing nutjob Michael Savage has already reviewed the book and Soros' life in general. Here's what Media Matters reports that Savage said about Soros on the radio yesterday:

"For all your doubts about the unbridled pursuit of self interest, few people have benefited more from capitalism than you. He says: I'm happy to acknowledge that. I have a platform because I made a lot of money. If I were just an intellectual, an obscure university professor, I would be saying these things and I wouldn't be heard.

Hey George, let me tell you something, I don't have as much money as you. I have 50,000 times the influence that you do, you punk, lying, coward, Satanist, backstabbing freak. You're the people -- people like you give Jews a bad name, Soros. It's people like you who brought about the Holocaust, Soros. I stand by those words. I stand by those words. I would debate you tomorrow, Soros, on any platform, anywhere. I'll debate you anywhere. It's people like you who brought about the Holocaust, Soros. That's why I need you to shut your mouth and understand the damage you're doing to this world and to the Jewish people, George Soros."

Well, then. The scary part of it is that Savage probably isn't even embarassed about saying this. Either that, or he's trying to woo Ann Coulter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home